Saturday, August 21, 2010

B'nai Shalom

Well, the last stop on my trip to Oklahoma was B'nai Shalom Congregation led by Monte Judah. We had been part of B'nai on the internet for about 3 years at this point, so I was very excited to finally get to be there in person. After having supper with Monte and Lin, Ann, Misty (another counselor who was with us), and I headed to B'nai.

I popped my head into the control room to see what that looked like at the beginning as I was so used to being on the receiving end. Here is Seth Greene running the computers for the broadcast. Ephraim Judah, Scott Porter, and Amy Porter are also watching from the control room. There were approximately 7 computers running everything in the control room.

Lorne Greene is running the PalTalk room from this computer. JocelinOhio said hello to everyone from B'nai.

Here is Monte Harris leading the B'nai Shalom Praise Team.

Due to the number of people there from camp, the dancing was done outside between the two Lion and Lamb buildings.

It was really neat to hear Monte teaching in person. It was just like online but much closer. :)


And Dr. Scotty led prayer time just like always.

Here I am with Monte and Lin. They are both so sweet. I enjoyed getting to know them better.

Here I am with Lorne and Jane Greene as well as Monte and Cindy Harris.


And couldn't miss getting a picture with Dr. Scotty and Alice Faye who are absolute sweethearts.


And my original Wall Watchman - Mark and Donna Smith. Mark and Donna were the ones who taught me the ropes of PalTalk and being an admin. I instantly recognized them. It was great to finally meet in person.


It was a wonderful time at B'nai. And being that I'm on PalTalk everyone knew who I was which was really neat. We headed back to Ann's around 11pm...three very tired ladies. The next morning, Ann took me to the airport, I got through security, and had a few minutes to relax before boarding the plane home to my waiting Momma and Daddy. It was a smooth flight from Oklahoma City to Memphis where I had about an hour layover. Then the last leg from Memphis to Columbus. It was so good to get home. Momma and Daddy were waiting just past security and even had a "Welcome Home. We Missed You." Balloon which was so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment