Sunday, August 15, 2010

Camp Yeshua - Part 3

Well, here's the last post about Camp Yeshua...although there will be one more about my trip to Oklahoma...still have to talk about the B'nai Services. I still can't believe what an amazing week it was.

I have to say I had the best dorm room! I had 8 girls in my room, and they were really sweet.
Left to Right: Bailey, Megan, Me, Delany, Caitesby, Christine, Nicole, Richeal, and Faith (in front).


Ephraim Judah was our camp director and great to work with. Here I am with him; his wife, Lauren, and their baby Isabelle.


Christine and I got to really know each other. She reminds me of myself when I was younger. Colorado is a long ways from Ohio, but hopefully, we'll at least see each other next year at camp.


Another one of the junior staffers, Chelsea, and I got along great. Here we are together on our last day of camp.


We had a special Mikvah service at camp. A Mikvah is a cleansing and dedication before Yahweh. This was a special time for me as I had never done a Mikvah before although I had been baptized in the Christian church shortly after being saved. Each one of us had a leader witnessing for us. Ephraim, Brent Avery, and Mason Clover were the three Mikvah leaders. It was special for me to have Ephraim witness mine as his dad, Monte Judah, had been my first Torah teacher.

Our last dinner at camp was our "Semi-Formal Dinner." That night we all dressed up in our nice clothes, and the guys served the girls. I called it "Camp Yeshua Makeover"! I couldn't believe how we transformed. Everyone really enjoyed the night. The food was delicious, and it was so much fun to watch the guys. Some really knew how to serve the ladies...and some, well... It was interesting to see how many of us ladies ended up with just lettuce in our salads (no tomatoes or croutons....just lettuce!), but the guys were good to go back and get toppings for us. My waitor was Daniel Clayton, and I got a really nice plate with my silverware and salad (some ladies had to wait for the guys to remember their silverware!). Thanks Mike and Kathy for raising Daniel to know how to have a servant's heart and how to serve the ladies right. :)

We were pleasantly surprised when Josh Matthews topped the night off with a toast to all the ladies. And we returned with a huge thank you to the guys.

The service that night was amazing. The Ruach HaKodesh fell on the entire camp, and you could feel His presence. Then we topped the night off with one last night of Starlight Dancing. Ann Judah explained the significance behind Dance With Me which was the song we closed our Starlight Dancing with each night. It is about the Messiah inviting us to Dance with Him! She and Ephraim demonstrated how that would look...

Our final morning, we had morning worship and devos. Then Rico closed us with the Aaronic blessing. This picture turned out amazing with Rico, Ephraim, and Little Rico.


I went home with Ann Judah from camp. We stopped by a Sonic and got fruit slushes...awwww...so yummy on a hot day like it was. We had a few hours to relax at her house, get showers, and then we went out to eat with Monte and Lin before Erev Shabbat Services at B'nai which I'll tell about in my next and last post about Oklahoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment