Tuesday, August 24, 2010

DFW Trip - Part 1

Just 10 Days after returning home from Oklahoma, I flew out to Dallas Fort Forth for a few days for Crown related travel. I had the privilege of staying with Charlie and Julia Sizemore, friends of mine and Crown volunteers. They truly treated me like a princess. By the end, they were adopted family!

Here's my room and welcome basket...


Julia and I stopped at the Gaylord Hotel which was huge! It's a large tourist attraction in the DFW area.

I met with Professor Presslor who has the largest Stewardship Museum (even larger than the Library of Congress's collection on stewardship). Here we are in the museum.


The middle bank (round looking can) was the oldest bank in the museum dating from the 1500s.

Here is Larry Burkett's Giving Bank and an old version from the 1800s.


While I was in DFW, I had the privilege of being interview by Chuck Bentley on MoneyLife and sharing about Money Map Coaching. That program can be heard at http://www.crown.org/media/relatedcontent/080310.aspx.

I was also interviewed by Michael Moore on 1220 Hot Pepper for the DFW area on his radio program, Pastor's Corner.


Here I am with Michael after the interview.


And there's even more to come. One more post about my trip to DFW and more pictures coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment