Thursday, February 16, 2012

Natural Remedies to Help a Cold...

Due to my having a cold this week, I thought I would share some of the natural remedies that my family has been using.

First, we start drinking honey vinegar 2 - 3 times a day. Put 1 Tbsp Organic Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar in a cup along with 1 Tbsp honey (preferably raw and local) in a coffee cup or mug. Add 1/2 cup hot water and stir. Drink. This helps to kill infection and build your body's natural immunity.

Then we have a colloidal silver maker which we use to make colloidal silver and keep on hand. I take 1 Tbsp of that 3 - 4 times a day.

I've also been drinking a packet of Emergen-C (1,000 mg of Vitamin C plus other vitamins and minerals) in a 1/2 cup of water 2 - 3 times a day.

My family blends a special blend of essential oils called Immune Booster Blend which we also sell on our family's webstore. I use a simple oil tart burner with a tea candle. Most people use these to burn scented tarts, but they also work great to burn essential oils. I put 4 or 5 drops of the Immune Booster Blend in the tart burner and allow it to burn for about 15 minutes. I sit close to it to be able to inhale it and get the full effects of the oils which are good germ killers.

I am also using a drop of Thieves Oil on my tongue as needed to help cut the sore throat as well as gargling with salt water (1/2 tsp salt dissolved in 1/2 cup warm water; gargle and do not swallow).

As a result of this, I feel that I've overall maintained better energy and health that I would have otherwise. I have not needed to go to the doctor when otherwise I would definately have gone. My sore throat on a scale of 1 - 5 was a 4 at the peak. Using natural remedies allows my body to know how to defend itself and does not destroy the good along with the bad as is typical on antibiotics. Try a few of these ideas yourself and see what you think. I'd love to hear your feedback in the comments. Have you tried any of this before? Do you try something?

1 comment: